Chips, Salsa, and Protein - Yes, Protein
I LOVE chips and salsa, but I LOOOOOVE this combination. Why is this a killer combo?
Do you ever open a jar of salsa and a bag of chips, and then... crunch... crunch... the bag of chips is gone?!
Adding Greek yogurt or cottage cheese to the mix provides protein and makes the salsa taste better (Well, I think so). You will feel full quicker, get more protein, and hopefully, eat less chips. Give it a try :-)
The Scrumptious Secrets
One night Wozz was making a Mexican dinner and was inspired to create this salsa. Kiwi Lime Salsa Verdi ended up the 2015 Winner of the NYC sofi™ Gold for Outstanding Dip and Salsa Category. It is perfect for anyone preferring tang over sweet or wanting a refreshing alternative to plain tomato and tomatillo salsas.
Chips, Salsa, and Protein
Serves: 1 to 2 people
- Your Favorite Salsa (Try Kiwi Lime Salsa Verdi)
- About 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt of Cottage Cheese
- Your Favorite Tortilla Chips
- Put your Cottage Cheese or Greek Yogurt in a good dipping bowl
- Add a few spoonfuls of salsa on top. I suggest leaving the jar out in case you want more. *There are only 4 calories per serving in the Kiwi Lime Salsa Verdi - I'm not worried about eating too much salsa ;-)
- Dip your chip in and enjoy!
- Try adding some Chia for additional nutrition and protein :-D (See Bottom Picture)
- My husband, Rich, Likes to mix the salsa into the yogurt or cottage cheese. I prefer not to. What do you like to do?